Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Magazine- Creative Critical Reflection


  1. My product uses the traditional conventions of a magazine. I looked up the traditional ways of magazine distributions, how the magazine looks, and the designs used. A couple of techniques I used to create feeling was through Mise en scene. For the costume, the Girls Inc volunteers put on the Volunteer shirts to show that they were volunteering.To create a feeling for the audience, it helped show they are in the community and helped create a connection. For location, the location  is at Girls Inc which helps connect to the younger generation and helps create a meaning of  importance to the Girls Inc Community and the female audience that reads the article. Another technique used was a wide shot. The wide shot in some of the pictures helped show the variety of girls in the program. This helps create a feeling of diversity to the female circle and that the program offers open arms to everyone. The traditional way that the magazine will be distributed through is print and some social media uses like Facebook and Instagram. My magazine also represents many different social groups such as elementary kids that are the age of 8-10 and then high school students that are from 9th grade to 12th grade. The other social groups that the magazine represent are the are the older generation and also the homeless. 
  2.  My magazine engages with the audience by meeting the interests of that type of audience and what they want to read. Interests could be involving apps like Twitter and 'retweeting' tweets, or re blogging content that the audience would find amusing. By providing this value to the audience and readers, it will engage them to keep reading the magazine and find out what else it has to offer. The magazine has featured articles of high school students that present students will read about, and other articles that are about the community. Also students who are looking for community service ideas will be interested too. My magazine would be distributed through Facebook and Instagram through ads and tagged photos at community service outings. Also students who are looking for community service ideas will be interested too. My main focus of distribution of my magazine would be through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram. When having my magazine on the apps, it will allow for my audience to follow the main account with whatever social media it is on. For subscriptions, there will be a slight payment just to help with fees and startup in the beginning and slow times if the magazine isn’t selling well. By distributing on social media, this will also help branch out globally easier by being shared through the apps such as Facebook and Twitter. Another Distribution factor is through small events like what another well-developed magazine did such as Philanthropy Magazine. By holding our own events, this helps branch out of the local area of Sarasota county. This could lead to a variety of newer viewers, more subscribers, and sponsors. This could also help with financial help.
  3. Before I started this project, I had a great knowledge of how to use an everyday IPhone 6 with 8-megapixels.  I had very limited knowledge on how to use a Canon camera, so that's why I stuck with the IPhone 6. My production skills developed throughout this project by getting involved with the editing apps and software like Publisher and Word that I've never used before until this project.  It took a while to get used to using Publisher because of new tools and editing features I have never used before. I've also gotten out of my comfort zone and took pictures of other people that I didn't really know that weren't of me or my friends and family. My creativity skills evolved even more by creating this magazine to whatever colors, designs, and background I wanted to choose. Also, designing a whole cover page and table of contents was a whole new journey with making up articles and activities. This helped show my creativity side and designing skills. Also designing and writing the main article in the magazine and interviewing the two people for the article was also both new and challenging.  Location was also easy once I decided what the topic was going to be, and which environment was going to be the easiest to work with. I did however, have conflict at first between two locations, but decided to go with the one in my article because of location and it was more ideal due to distance and quality. This showed me that I could deal with conflict and pick the right decision on my own.
  4. First, I used my schools HP laptop to research different types of magazines and also ones in my category. I continued to do more in depth research on the different designs, techniques, and images used in the magazines I researched.During the project, we had to update our blog throughout the entire project. That was used through Blogger on Google. I never used blogger before until this project and it's very reliable and useful for a project like this. The more I used Blogger, the more I got used to the software, backgrounds, tools, and layouts that helped creating my blog. I integrated technologies such as my Iphone 6 for both photo shoots and used filters on some of the photos to get the best picture quality. The software's that I used in this project was only Publisher. I used this to make my whole magazine The software was easy to use and also fun to mess around with the different tools on the software for the magazine. The hardware I used was my school laptop which is an hp laptop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection