Some aspects of print journalism that might interest me based on the experiences I have learned in class are how they get the information for that type of journalism, the different type of articles they have to publish, and the creativity that's put forth in to it. In All the President's Men, the movie helped show a lot how the characters progressed through the movie gathering the data for the newspaper. It also helped show thrill, danger and conflict. But also excitement of gathering data for the information needed. Another example of how journalism interested me was watching the whole season 1 of The Newsroom in class. We watched how the reporters gathered their data that they needed for their stories and the conflicts that they faced while getting it. But during the episodes, it interested me by showing the thrill of gathering data and meeting a dead line. The show also helped show me the reporting side and getting different news stories that interested the people. Some skills that I posses for the magazine that make it a good fit would be creativity. I am very good at coming up with ideas for articles and designing the magazine. I feel that creativity is key when making a magazine because the first thing a person sees on a the magazine is the 'title' and then whats around the magazine such as;colors, images, fonts, and etc. Some challenges that might interfere with this project may be my shyness getting in the way. I am an outgoing person, but sometimes I am also shy when I'm not that comfortable around people I'm not familiar with. However, it doesn't take that long to warm up to someone so it should be fine with going up to people and asking them questions.

No comments:
Post a Comment